The Spanish Garden at Villa Reale (also known as the flower garden) was designed around 1924 by the landscape architect Jacques Greber, employed by the Pecci-Blunt family to modernise the area around the Bishop’s Villa.
In full 1920s style, in line with the fashions of the time, the new Art Deco garden stood out for its geometric forms and its reworking of the archetypal Hispanic-Moorish garden, using water as a key feature. Gréber also designed the lake at Villa Reale, and the artificial stream which runs through the Park.
The large pool at the north end of the garden feeds open-air channels which cross the garden and bring water to the fountains. The perimeter, marked out with shrubs and statues, features hibiscus, Pierre and Ronsard climbing roses, Euonymus japonica and Hypericum moserianum.